March 2020 Virtual Meeting
FREE for Members of SCCEPC, Society of FSP and AAIFPA.
$25 for all other guests.
Are You in Good Hands?
An exploration of suitability and client best interest in the sale and purchase of life insurance
Presented by: Richard M. Weber, MBA, CLU, AEP
An Insurance Fiduciary®
Estate Planning Council members will be among the first to learn of the regulatory movement substantially increasing the standard of care owed to buyers of life insurance. While mainly affecting licensed agents and Certified Financial Planners (CFP), non-licensed allied professionals will likely be caught unaware of these regulatory changes. In this one-hour course, attendees will learn:
• A description of enhanced regulations in currently in effect in New York and soon to occur in Massachusetts, California, New Jersey, and likely other state Departments of Insurance;
• A description of comparable changes in the fiduciary obligations of Certified Financial Planners to their clients;
• A review of practical tools that currently exist to meet these requirements - fulfilling both the letter and spirit of the new requirements;
• How many new life insurance products defy the consumer’s (and agent’s) ability to determine the amount of risk the client takes to achieve an expected reward;
• How allied professionals will likely want to interact with their clients going forward.